"Why doesn’t she love me anymore?"
-Question submitted by Anonymous
I don’t know.
And it’s totally possible that she doesn’t know either. Which puts you in an even shittier position and I’m sorry. It’s like Taylor Swift says “People are people and sometimes it doesn’t work out”…it’s the truth you guys, and it’s the saddest and worst truth EVER.
The problem now isn’t why she doesn’t love you, it’s where you go from here. You can ask over and over and over what you did wrong or wonder if her feelings could possibly change OR you can accept the fact that it’s over and let yourself feel totally destroyed. I know that’s not what anyone wants to hear or what anyone wants to feel, but it’s a terrible awful no good thing that we all have to go through. We all get dumped or cheated on or lied to or all three and we all have to sit in our own scream-cry-snot-faced beds and feel absolutely horrible until we can feel a little better.
I want you to be angry, sad, bitter, and confused. I want you to actually feel those things. Listen to sad songs, watch Grey’s Anatomy (I recommend the two part season finale of Season 6), make your friends listen to you yell, and don’t leave your room for three days because your heart is fucking broken and no one can help you. Then once you feel all that, I want you to look in the mirror and think about how stupid your ex is for losing you. You’re incredible and you want to be with someone who loves you and doesn’t stop. You deserve the biggest and most important love in the world, not the love that will end before you got a chance to save it, you know? We are all here for you, in spirit at least.
Damn. Dannielle really fucking nailed it, you guys.
You know what the most truthful answer to your question is, Anonymous? The reason why she doesn’t love you anymore is not reflective of something that you have done wrong. It is not reflective of something you could have changed. For whatever the reason may be, and despite how incredible you both are as human beings, you are not making each other happy in the same ways, and that means it is time to let go.
During my last break-up I thought of one hundred bajillion reasons why I was unlovable. It was because I was too emotional. It was because I didn’t give her enough space. It was because I wasn’t passionate about my job. It was because I wanted too much commitment. You know what, though? My next relationship taught me that all of those things about myself were absolutely perfect and lovable and interesting and inspiring to a different person. My next relationship taught me that I could be motivated to work on the parts of myself that were hurting me and accept the parts of myself that I couldn’t change.
The reason I tell you that, Anonymous, is that I still respect and love my ex for who she is, and I am able to realize now that her inability to love me was not because of me - and it wasn’t because of her. It was because of us, and that means that there is no one reason why ‘she doesn’t love you anymore,’ and truthfully, in most cases it is much more complicated than love simply disappearing.
You have to go through this hurt. You have to doubt yourself and her and the whole world. What I encourage you to take with you on that rocky and important journey, though, is that her not loving you does not undo the fact that you are a lovable person. Those wounds will heal, you will begin to understand more about yourself, and, in time, you will be able to hold on to the reality that when someone falls out of love with you, it doesn’t make you anything less than what you were while they were loving you.
- northmans-maker likes this
- abs0lutelizabeth reblogged this from everyoneisgay and added:
- amidnightswim likes this
- alexand-rra likes this
- whyiwontleavewonderland reblogged this from everyoneisgay
- akittenatemycouscous likes this
- pickmeuplove likes this
- handofananke likes this
- echoinglight-moved reblogged this from everyoneisgay
- beba1018 likes this
- my-soul-un-loaded likes this
- shalompoet likes this
- mel-lenniumfalcon reblogged this from everyoneisgay and added:
- thompsonjjet23 reblogged this from everyoneisgay
- cadtc93 reblogged this from everyoneisgay
- cadtc93 likes this
- postmortemily likes this
- s-p-o-o-k-e-t-t-e reblogged this from everyoneisgay
- s-p-o-o-k-e-t-t-e likes this
- in-a-world-of-my-ownnnn likes this
- planbehind likes this
- vingtdeux likes this
- beckybocka likes this
- thosedogsthatlovetherain likes this
- beckzzzzzz likes this
- liberalwithguts likes this
- miaslam likes this
- taken-out-of-context likes this
- samwiseslamgee reblogged this from everyoneisgay
- katlen likes this
- lauratheoutlandish likes this
- kittiesnboobies reblogged this from everyoneisgay and added:
- spacemandoc likes this
- spacemandoc reblogged this from everyoneisgay and added:
- staircasespirits likes this
- canuckduck likes this
- mazchiong likes this
- phantomviolet likes this
- thetruthaboutnobodies likes this
- not-eurudike reblogged this from everyoneisgay
- get-to-work-moni likes this
- pretty-pistola likes this
- ifavourmugs likes this
- blimeyheclearedit likes this
- fappier-than-thou likes this
- onmyshoulder likes this
- heidinybroten likes this
- littlelungsoh likes this
- ohzoey likes this
- mrslunalovegood likes this