"My girlfriend and I are going to the same college next year, together. Do you think it’s okay to share a dorm/apartment together at age 18? In other words, do you think any 18 year olds can be ready for living together?"
- Question submitted by Anonymous
I mean, this has nothing to do with your age, but living together in college TOTALLY TAKES THE FUN OUT OF DATING. I’m serious. You’re officially missing all the best moments by living together.
You know when it’s 4am and you’ve been up for 2 days straight and everything is hilarious and you’re giggling but you have to be quiet bc your roommate is asleep, but the fact that you have to be quiet makes you giggle more and then her giggle is making you giggle and soon you can’t breathe bc everything is funny and it shouldn’t be??? That doesn’t exist when you live together. OR you know how on your bday your gf snuck into your room and filled it with balloons and you had no clue bc like HOW DID SHE GET IN OMG… That’s gone. OR what about the time you accidentally woke up late and had to borrow her sweater for class so you didn’t have to wear the shirt you spilled chili on, and you spent all day with her sleeves wrapped around your body and getting whiffs of her shampoo/lotion combo. NEVER AGAIN.
I don’t know how mature you are, or ready you are, or whether or not it’ll work. I do know, however, that you have 80 years of life left to live and there is no rush. Have a blast and enjoy dating. You have plenty of time to get annoyed with your gf leaving rice in the sink.
In response to what Dannielle just said: Yeah. Yes. Yep.
In response to your question:
You don’t want to do what you think you want to do. I know that is confusing, but this isn’t about you being ‘too immature,’ it’s about you allowing yourself to have the experiences that will form who you are with and without your boo. If you are having trouble believing me, I would like to tell you that earlier this morning I teleported alongside Dannielle into the Spring of 2014 JUST TO BE SURE. We can confirm that you AND your gf are so much happier (as a couple and as individuals) because you chose not to live together during your first years of college. You can’t stop sending us thank you letters.
Also, in case you were wondering: Taylor Swift has a new boyfriend, the Oscar goes to Meryl Streep, and Justin Timberlake is still good at dancing.
- dodo-eva likes this
- stefsalvatorexx likes this
- sleepy-rain likes this
- wantingyoutillforever likes this
- detective-deerstalker likes this
- allonsytoengland reblogged this from everyoneisgay
- bloodpaintedroses likes this
- readloveflourish likes this
- girafamatt likes this
- littlemoonfaye likes this
- dandelionbreaks likes this
- jealousyturningsaints likes this
- legalizeraye likes this
- leahnafaithalways reblogged this from everyoneisgay
- leahnafaithalways likes this
- wonderlandisfalling likes this
- densoull likes this
- grizzlynitram likes this
- lucatheoctopus likes this
- lay-baek-on-crackyeol likes this
- the-the-end likes this
- briannagiii said: If you think your ready then your ready. My sister and her boy friend were liveing together a 17 and my uncles didnt live together until they got married. Its just your and you gf opinion that counts.
- alexmorgasmic likes this
- wendiizzle likes this
- 74everalone reblogged this from everyoneisgay
- giraffebutthisislyfeasweknowit reblogged this from everyoneisgay
- maxifreak124 likes this
- latriceshinault likes this
- hurleigh likes this
- isacariotic likes this
- luxury3dition likes this
- prospektsmarch-and-poppyfields likes this
- yourtumblrisnotdead said: NOT IF YOU’RE POOR ENOUGH TO STILL NEED ANOTHER ROOMIE. Which is a lot of people. :C Anyway, it’s been awesome~
- robotloveisqweer reblogged this from everyoneisgay
- since-feeling-is-f1rst likes this
- murder-cai reblogged this from everyoneisgay
- knightlegendnoir likes this
- takingacharlattebreak likes this
- adventureworldtime likes this
- kenziechay likes this
- patrickstumpslaugh likes this
- adventuresintheoutsideworld likes this
- merchie likes this
- hearthatmoonaboveyou likes this
- h0rnyc4t likes this
- israkartofl reblogged this from everyoneisgay and added:
- israkartofl likes this
- clairerenee94 likes this
- because-asdfghjkl likes this