"This question is more Danielle, but with summer coming, what do you usually do for a bathing suit that isn’t so ‘feminine’?"
- Question submitted by Anonymous
omg. I literally JUST got off the phone with my dad who was suggesting I get one of those short sleeve surfer things LIKE THIS
To be honest with you all, I haven’t worn a bathing suit in YEARS. I have super fair skin and I’m never like “HEY GUYS LETS GO SWIMMING.” When I go to the beach with my friends, I’m usually sitting and snacking and we all gab about life/boys/etc, you know? So, I haven’t needed a suit.
BUT THIS YEAR IS DIFF. I’m going on a trip with my entire family and we’re DEFINITELY going to the beach and pool and swimming and whatever and I’m literally dying inside thinking about it because NOTHING makes me more uncomfortable than a bikini.
Is anyone out there a designer? Can you please design swimwear for the not-so-girly-girl? THANK YOU.
I know this is more of a Dannielle question but also I HAVE THOUGHTS and also DID SOME RESEARCH.
First things first: there is nothing more important than you being comfortable and feeling f*cking awesome. I know it’s always a tricky thing to put into practice, but when we feel comfortable in our own skin (slash swimwear), we just look good. Comfort always wins the day. Despite what Tyra might tell you.
Second things second: from what I gather, there are a whole ton of combinations that can happen in the swimwear world depending on what you are aiming for. There are board shorts, boy shorts, tank tops, sleeveless t-shirts, rashguards, sports bras, etcetera… which can all be combined in different ways.
Third things third: Autostraddle has done all the work for us. If you want a million different answers in the form of links, pictures, examples, and funny jokes, go over to here:
- sugarcottonhair likes this
- chibified-wolf reblogged this from everyoneisgay
- saltwater-and-glitterfordinner likes this
- prospektsmarch-and-poppyfields likes this
- sadcatsanddemondogs likes this
- artkidrawr likes this
- phili-ish reblogged this from everyoneisgay and added:
- flyaway419 reblogged this from everyoneisgay
- dreadreaming reblogged this from everyoneisgay
- rubinrocks likes this
- bluesparrownvy likes this
- thecatspajama reblogged this from everyoneisgay
- wanjikimimila likes this
- heynewshoes reblogged this from everyoneisgay
- heynewshoes likes this
- ximajs likes this
- dykesbikesandalittlepsych likes this
- letusbegaytoday likes this
- cristinuh likes this
- trueninjapirate likes this
- kkangda likes this
- insomnialy said: HAHAHAHAHA a rashguard. jesus christ.
- nobody-imean-nobody likes this
- alliemoss likes this
- meganaxle likes this
- ellyvator said: I wear swimming trunks from the boys’/men’s department and either a tank top or t-shirt (or bikini top).
- voltdog reblogged this from everyoneisgay
- voltdog likes this
- lifecrushingdreams reblogged this from everyoneisgay
- future-imaginary likes this
- undervolc likes this
- freefallingoceans likes this
- dissociate likes this
- fableridden likes this
- presequitur reblogged this from everyoneisgay
- detective-deerstalker likes this
- tripletterscore reblogged this from everyoneisgay
- ohthirdplanet likes this
- unconventionalmarchingband reblogged this from alpaca-punch
- rainbwmanshe likes this
- megharmony likes this
- howcantyou likes this
- bearalawalrus likes this
- coogiebear likes this
- mayor-of-sassachusetts likes this
- undazedandsuch likes this
- inasimplegreycoat likes this
- rawrinyouface reblogged this from everyoneisgay
- fauxboy likes this
- simplybex reblogged this from everyoneisgay